Do you love interacting with people and want to make a direct impact in your community? We have a volunteer opportunity for you!
The best part? You pick your locations and shifts.
What Is It and Why Is It Needed?
You would help to provide a warm and friendly greeting to our blood donors. As you welcome them you will assist them with reception and hospitality and enhance the blood donor experience.
Blood drives with volunteer greeters are more successful, run smoother and collect more blood. This means more lives are saved because of you! The importance is to provide the blood donors with a positive experience and encourage to donate regularly.
Must be 16 years or older
Opportunity for you to:
• Be in a safe environment helping your community
• Gain valuable training and experience while providing an invaluable service to your community
• Network and meet new people
• Develop customer service skills that will last a lifetime
• Receive community service hours
• Be part of the most respected world-wide organizations
• Meet some incredible people…our blood donors and staff
• Volunteers applying for in-person position assignments require vaccination verification. Instructions to provide information and supporting documentation of vaccination will be provided once you submit your application
How to get started
• Complete the online application at www.redcross.org/volunteer
• Or for any questions contact:
Kristin Pendleton, Senior Volunteer Recruitment Specialist
Call/Text: 314-281-7968 | [email protected]
Schedule time for a brief phone call to discuss any questions: www.calendly.com/kpendleton
What Our Volunteers Are Saying
• “When I needed blood during my cancer treatment, the Red Cross was there for me. I’m so happy to be able to give back by volunteering and thanking blood donors now that I’m recovered.” ~Jackie P.
• “I may not have money to give, but I have time.” ~Taylor W.
• “I can no longer donate blood, but this is a way I can help those who do donate.” ~Steve J.
No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.
Role Description: As a Volunteer Supplies Assistant, you will play a vital role in providing assistance to individuals and families seeking goods from empower: abilities. Your primary responsibility will be to help distribute essential items to individuals in need, you will assist them to pack their selected supplies, and safely transport the items to their vehicles. This role is essential Read more...
Role Description: As a Volunteer RAMPS (Renovations and Modifications Projects) Builder , you will play a pivotal role in improving accessibility and safety for individuals with disabilities who have barriers to safely exiting their homes and accessing the community. Your primary responsibility will involve assisting in the construction of ramps that provide essential access to and from their homes. These Read more...
Requirements & Commitment: Willing to serve once per week for a school semesterWork along side classroom teachers, assisting with students during after-school programming. Activities include: daily lessons, physical activities/sports, individual/group support. Volunteers must be minimum 18yrs old. Read more...
Volunteer Victim Advocates provide support through our 24-hour crisis hotline. The victim advocates play a crucial role in supporting victims of violent and sexual crime. Volunteer victim advocates respond to crisis response line calls via the telephone. During these calls, the volunteer victim advocate offers a listening and compassionate ear to validate feelings and support emotions, victim education, and provide Read more...
Skills Requested: good conversationalistRequirements & Commitment: Time commitment varies based on shiftA flexible day time opportunity that allows you to gain exposure to community resources. Serve individuals and families in the community by making connections to DC programs and referrals to outside resources. All info is provided for you. Schedules available upon request. Read more...