In as little as 30 minutes per week, you can make BIG changes in our community. As a Lunch Buddy you would make a one-year commitment to spend 30 minutes per week visiting your Little at his or her school during their lunch time. You would hang out with them one-on-one in the library, or another designated area, to play cards or just talk about their day.
Giving the gift of your time to mentor a child in our programs is an incredible investment to the future of our community. Our Littles often come from single-parent households, have parents who are incarcerated, or are in foster care. Simply showing up for them and offering one-on-one attention can make a huge difference in their lives.
The first step is coming to an info session to learn more about the program and our requirements.
Message us to schedule your session.
• 18 years or older
• Must have lived in our service area for at least 6 months if under 21
• Must be able to give a one-year commitment
• Must have valid driver’s license, insurance, and transportation
• No drug or alcohol convictions within the last three years
• No hospitalization or treatment for substance-related addiction in the past five years
• No pending felony or felony conviction
• No drug use or underage drinking
• Must demonstrate stable lifestyle, emotional maturity, and responsible judgement
Skills Requested: Being a great friendRequirements & Commitment: 30 minutes per week for at least one year; must pass background check