Road To Recovery is an American Cancer Society program designed to help improve the quality of life and reduce barriers to care for cancer patients undergoing active treatment by transporting them to and from cancer-related treatment appointments.
The Road To Recovery Volunteer driver can help provide people with transportation to and from their cancer-related treatment appointments. Drivers donate their time and the use of their personal vehicles to help ensure that people with cancer get the treatments they need. Volunteer drivers are also there to show support and provide information and resource referrals coordinated through the American Cancer Society.
• Follows program guidelines and maintains required volunteer eligibility requirements.
• Provides ride(s) as agreed upon.
• Verification of completed COVID-19 vaccination status
• Completes all necessary transportation documentation information.
• Reports all changes with contact information, availability, insurance coverage and driving eligibility to the Society in a timely manner.
• Reports traffic accidents and violations to the Society within 24 hours of occurrence.
• Abides by the Society’s privacy and confidentiality policies.
• Internet access.
Volunteer Driver Qualifications:
• Drivers must be between 18 and 84
• Good driving record
• Current, valid driver’s license
• Access to safe reliable vehicle
• Proof of adequate automobile insurance
• Complete American Cancer Society training course and background check
• Availability Monday through Saturday during the hours of 7 a.m. and 7 p.m.
No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.
Skills Requested: Compassionate and caring individual willing to help others.Requirements & Commitment: Must be 18 years or older.Crisis Cold Weather Shelters are open November 1st through March 31st on nights when temperatures are 32 degrees or lower. Our shelters save lives and would be impossible without our 400+ community volunteers. Volunteers are critically needed for a variety of roles with Crisis Cold Weather Shelter sites; not only staying at shelters overnight, but also helping to serve meals, Read more...
Join our team as a Receptionist Assistant and play a vital role in ensuring a welcoming and organized environment at empower: abilities. Your friendly and efficient support will help us provide excellent service to our visitors. As a Receptionist Assistant, you will primarily assist the full-time receptionist in managing calls, messages, and office coordination. Key Responsibilities: 1. Assisting with Phone Read more...
Role Description: As a Volunteer Supplies Assistant, you will play a vital role in providing assistance to individuals and families seeking goods from empower: abilities. Your primary responsibility will be to help distribute essential items to individuals in need, you will assist them to pack their selected supplies, and safely transport the items to their vehicles. This role is essential Read more...
Role Description: As a Volunteer RAMPS (Renovations and Modifications Projects) Builder , you will play a pivotal role in improving accessibility and safety for individuals with disabilities who have barriers to safely exiting their homes and accessing the community. Your primary responsibility will involve assisting in the construction of ramps that provide essential access to and from their homes. These Read more...
Requirements & Commitment: Willing to serve once per week for a school semesterWork along side classroom teachers, assisting with students during after-school programming. Activities include: daily lessons, physical activities/sports, individual/group support. Volunteers must be minimum 18yrs old. Read more...