Road To Recovery is an American Cancer Society program designed to help improve the quality of life and reduce barriers to care for cancer patients undergoing active treatment by transporting them to and from cancer-related treatment appointments.
The Road To Recovery Volunteer driver can help provide people with transportation to and from their cancer-related treatment appointments. Drivers donate their time and the use of their personal vehicles to help ensure that people with cancer get the treatments they need. Volunteer drivers are also there to show support and provide information and resource referrals coordinated through the American Cancer Society.
• Follows program guidelines and maintains required volunteer eligibility requirements.
• Provides ride(s) as agreed upon.
• Verification of completed COVID-19 vaccination status
• Completes all necessary transportation documentation information.
• Reports all changes with contact information, availability, insurance coverage and driving eligibility to the Society in a timely manner.
• Reports traffic accidents and violations to the Society within 24 hours of occurrence.
• Abides by the Society’s privacy and confidentiality policies.
• Internet access.
Volunteer Driver Qualifications:
• Drivers must be between 18 and 84
• Good driving record
• Current, valid driver’s license
• Access to safe reliable vehicle
• Proof of adequate automobile insurance
• Complete American Cancer Society training course and background check
• Availability Monday through Saturday during the hours of 7 a.m. and 7 p.m.
No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.
No listings were found matching your selection. Something missing? Why not add a listing?.