As a Volunteer Supplies Assistant, you will play a vital role in providing assistance to individuals and families seeking goods from empower: abilities. Your primary responsibility will be to help distribute essential items to individuals in need, you will assist them to pack their selected supplies, and safely transport the items to their vehicles. This role is essential in ensuring a smooth and efficient distribution process, while also creating a positive and supportive environment.
– Greet and accompany individuals as they arrive to pick up essential household supplies.
– Help recipients select the items they need from the available inventory.
– Pack the chosen items in an organized and efficient manner.
– Offer friendly and courteous assistance to recipients, answering any questions they may have.
– Assist with transporting their packed goods to their vehicles.
– Collaborate with other volunteers and staff members to maintain an orderly distribution area.
– Follow safety protocols and guidelines to ensure the well-being of all participants.
– Contribute to maintaining a clean and organized distribution space.
– Attend training sessions and volunteer meetings as required.
– Compassionate and friendly demeanor, with excellent customer service skills.
– Ability to communicate effectively and respectfully with a diverse range of individuals.
– Physical ability to lift and carry items as needed (accommodations will be made for volunteers with disabilities).
– Reliability and punctuality in fulfilling volunteer shifts.
– Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
– Respect for the confidentiality and dignity of individuals seeking assistance.
– Willingness to adhere to all organizational policies and procedures.
This is a part-time volunteer position. Volunteers are typically needed during scheduled distribution days, which are Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
– Make a meaningful difference in the lives of individuals and families in need.
– Gain hands-on experience in nonprofit operations and community service.
– Build interpersonal and communication skills by interacting with a diverse range of individuals.
– Join a supportive and dedicated team of volunteers working toward a common goal.
Reports to: Director of Access and Operations
Join us as a Volunteer Supplies Assistant and contribute to our mission of removing barriers and empowering independent living for all people with disabilities. Your dedication will be appreciated by empower: abilities and the individuals we serve.
No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.
Skills Requested: Must have good writing skills and ability to send articles through email.Requirements & Commitment: Must live in the U.S. (preferably in or near the Ozarks).Do you have a motivational Parkinson’s story you’d like to share? A helpful brain boosting recipe? Suggestions for adaptive clothing or utensils that worked well for your family? Consider donating your time as a writer for our blog! We’re looking for passionate individuals to contribute educational articles and/or inspirational personal stories relating to Parkinson’s disease for our website. This role Read more...
Requirements & Commitment: We request you spend your time with us volunteering and getting to know the organization. We are open 8-4p.m. Monday- Friday, come join us anytime.Come Volunteer with us! We have volunteer opportunities available for all ages and skill sets. We would love for you to join us in the fight! Read more...
Skills Requested: Event planning, volunteer recruitment and retention, phone calls, sponsorship solicitationRequirements & Commitment: The committee meets monthly from 11:30 - 1:00 p.m. until the month prior to the Walk and then we meet more frequently. We ask that you commit to a role and take ownership of that part of the Walk. Additional commitments will be based on yuourAt the Alzheimer’s Association Walk to End Alzheimer’s, we’re fighting for a different future. For families facing the disease today. For more time. For treatments. We’re closer than ever to stopping Alzheimer’s. But to get there, we need you. Join us for the world’s largest fundraiser to fight the disease. The biggest fundraiser to fight this dreaded disease is the Read more...
Skills Requested: Compassionate and caring individual willing to help others.Requirements & Commitment: Must be 18 years or older.Crisis Cold Weather Shelters are open November 1st through March 31st on nights when temperatures are 32 degrees or lower. Our shelters save lives and would be impossible without our 400+ community volunteers. Volunteers are critically needed for a variety of roles with Crisis Cold Weather Shelter sites; not only staying at shelters overnight, but also helping to serve meals, Read more...