As a Volunteer Supplies Assistant, you will play a vital role in providing assistance to individuals and families seeking goods from empower: abilities. Your primary responsibility will be to help distribute essential items to individuals in need, you will assist them to pack their selected supplies, and safely transport the items to their vehicles. This role is essential in ensuring a smooth and efficient distribution process, while also creating a positive and supportive environment.
– Greet and accompany individuals as they arrive to pick up essential household supplies.
– Help recipients select the items they need from the available inventory.
– Pack the chosen items in an organized and efficient manner.
– Offer friendly and courteous assistance to recipients, answering any questions they may have.
– Assist with transporting their packed goods to their vehicles.
– Collaborate with other volunteers and staff members to maintain an orderly distribution area.
– Follow safety protocols and guidelines to ensure the well-being of all participants.
– Contribute to maintaining a clean and organized distribution space.
– Attend training sessions and volunteer meetings as required.
– Compassionate and friendly demeanor, with excellent customer service skills.
– Ability to communicate effectively and respectfully with a diverse range of individuals.
– Physical ability to lift and carry items as needed (accommodations will be made for volunteers with disabilities).
– Reliability and punctuality in fulfilling volunteer shifts.
– Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
– Respect for the confidentiality and dignity of individuals seeking assistance.
– Willingness to adhere to all organizational policies and procedures.
This is a part-time volunteer position. Volunteers are typically needed during scheduled distribution days, which are Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
– Make a meaningful difference in the lives of individuals and families in need.
– Gain hands-on experience in nonprofit operations and community service.
– Build interpersonal and communication skills by interacting with a diverse range of individuals.
– Join a supportive and dedicated team of volunteers working toward a common goal.
Reports to: Director of Access and Operations
Join us as a Volunteer Supplies Assistant and contribute to our mission of removing barriers and empowering independent living for all people with disabilities. Your dedication will be appreciated by empower: abilities and the individuals we serve.
No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.
Role Description: As a Volunteer RAMPS (Renovations and Modifications Projects) Builder , you will play a pivotal role in improving accessibility and safety for individuals with disabilities who have barriers to safely exiting their homes and accessing the community. Your primary responsibility will involve assisting in the construction of ramps that provide essential access to and from their homes. These Read more...
Requirements & Commitment: Willing to serve once per week for a school semesterWork along side classroom teachers, assisting with students during after-school programming. Activities include: daily lessons, physical activities/sports, individual/group support. Volunteers must be minimum 18yrs old. Read more...
Volunteer Victim Advocates provide support through our 24-hour crisis hotline. The victim advocates play a crucial role in supporting victims of violent and sexual crime. Volunteer victim advocates respond to crisis response line calls via the telephone. During these calls, the volunteer victim advocate offers a listening and compassionate ear to validate feelings and support emotions, victim education, and provide Read more...
Skills Requested: good conversationalistRequirements & Commitment: Time commitment varies based on shiftA flexible day time opportunity that allows you to gain exposure to community resources. Serve individuals and families in the community by making connections to DC programs and referrals to outside resources. All info is provided for you. Schedules available upon request. Read more...
Requirements & Commitment: 2 hour time commitmentAn opportunity to provide a practical resource to any and all individuals and families in our area at no cost. A variety of roles from preparing and serving food to making and building community amongst children and families. Community Dinner takes place every Wednesday night from 6-7pm. Volunteers can serve on their own at 18 OR at any age when Read more...